Applicants seeking an urgent grant from the Foundation in support of their situations/activities must submit a written request in Arabic, English or French that meets the below-mentioned guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application in a ‘word’ format to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Urgent grant requests are assessed on a rolling basis
You can download the application form here.
- Requests for emergency funding are considered when applicants can show that an intervention by the Foundation will help counter threats against their lives and/or those of members of their family and reinforce the visibility and pursuit of their activities at a strategic timing.
- The amount of funding requested may not exceed EUR 5,000.
- The request is such that it cannot be fully supported on an emergency basis by another national, regional or international organisation.
- The Foundation reserves the right to ask for any other explanation/documentation to the candidates if needed and to decide on whether it will provide full or partial support.
The guidelines governing emergency interventions are as follows:
1. Background information about the applicant
- Designation of the applicant – Individual defender, NGO, Other
- Country of origin
- Country of residence, if different from country of origin
- Contact details
2. Background information about the context
- A description of the context for which emergency assistance is requested and of the urgent nature of the situation. Include a detailed description of the applicant’s activities in defense of human rights. If available, include elinks to relevant websites.
- A description of the threats against the defender(s) or the NGO on the pursuit of his/her activities, if any.
- A description of the security management practices (ensuring the security of employees, partners and activities) used by the organisation, if any.
3. Urgent request
- Amount of funding requested (indicate currency).
- A description of the needs to be covered in emergency and attach a budget and documentation to substantiate the expenses budget, if available.
- Duration of the requested support.
- A description of the expected outcomes of the urgent intervention.
- A description of how the applicant plans to cover living costs / secure the continuation of the NGO’s activities after the end of the requested grant.
- Indication of whether the applicant has submitted their funding request to other possible donours, and if so to provide a list of donours and the amounts requested.
- The applicant is to provide a list of human rights oganinsations acting as partners in the applicants activities.
- The applicant is to provide at least two references/partners who would be contacted to support or endorse the applicants request.
⇒ The candidates can express themselves freely in their application and are free to provide further details.
All requests, including those which are denied, receive a written reply. Even when an application is denied, the EMHRF Secretariat may follow-up if it can be determined that another organisation is in a position to support the applicant’s request.