The Foundation is a member of the European Union Human Rights Defenders’ Mechanism ‘ProtectDefenders.eu’, which has been established in October 2015.
The Mechanism was established to protect defenders at high risk and facing the most difficult situations worldwide. It is led by a consortium of 12 regional and international NGOs and foundations, with a proven track record in the field of protection, campaigning and advocacy in favour of human rights defenders.
The members of the Board consist of Front Line Defenders, Reporters without Borders (RSF), the World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT) and the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH).
Besides the Foundation, the other associate members are:
- The International Network for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR-Net)
- The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA)
- Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights (UAF)
- Protection International (PI)
- Peace Brigades International (PBI)
- The Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA)
- The East and Horn of Africa Human Rights Defenders Project (EHAHRDP)
Further information about the Mechanism and its actions can be found at the following address: www.protectdefenders.eu